This page is a considered complete and accurate
. However, if you find an error, please take the time report it
The visual appearance of ScrewTurn Wiki
can be customized entirely using CSS (Cascading Style Sheets).
is a set of files that define the appearance of ScrewTurn Wiki
in every detail. Themes are packaged in directory, whose name is also the name of the theme. If you take a look at the Themes directory of ScrewTurn Wiki
, you would find a structure similar to this:
All files with .CSS
extensions are always sent to the browser. If a file is named Icon.ico
, it is used as favicon
CSS Naming Conventions
CSS Classes are always named with a full-lowercase name, for example
CSS IDs are always names with a CamelCase
name, for example
CSS Media Types
The CSS standard defines different media types. Each one specify a different target device, such as a PC screen, a PDA or a printer.
supports different media types through a special naming convention of CSS files. If you want to specify that a CSS file is intended for the screen media type, just prepend to its name the label screen_. A complete list of available media types is reported here (names are not case-sensitive):
- Screen, used for color computer screens
- Print, used for printers
- Handheld, used for low-resources devices like PDAs and mobile phones
- Projection, used for projections
- Tty, used for text-only terminals
- Tv, used for TVs
- Embossed, used for paged braille printers
- Aural, used for speech synthesizers
- Braille, used for braille tactile feedback devices
- All, used for all the device types (same as not specifying any media type).
: media types are interpreted by the browser, thus the results may vary from browser to browser and from device to device.
You can find a complete theming reference at this page